Arla is the 5th largest dairy company in the world. Owned by 12,500 farmers across seven countries, they have an ambition to become the most transparent value chain in dairy.
In today’s episode, we discuss this ambition with Tomi Sirén who is the head of Digital and Technological Innovations at Arla. Based in Finalnd, he’s spearheading a variety of projects focused on moving their sustainability agenda forward with emerging technologies including the Arla Milkchain. Listen in as we talk about:
- 5:30 Arla’s digital transformation
- 9:00 Arla Milkchain – how they are using blockchain to trace their products and animal welfare (see video)
- 21:00 Collaborations Arla is looking for and what obstacles they are facing to scale
- 26:00 Other sustainability projects at Arla
- 28:40 Vision for the future and what we’re missing to get there