Listen again. Artist and food designer Alexandra Genis is set on challenging your notion of artificiality and what sustainability means in the context of food production. Are natural and wild foods really better? We explore her work and how artificial foods, technology, and art can help us reimagine a better food system.
- 1:50 The Atoma project, turning individual molecules into spices
- 2:48 The complexity of flavor and the limits of what we can taste
- 10:45 The importance of artificial foods in a post-agricultural age
- 22:00 Other projects Alexandra’s worked on
- 24:00 Vision for the future food system