K Group is the 2nd biggest grocery retailer in the Finnish market. They’ve been celebrated for being the most sustainable trading sector company in the world by World Economic Forum and are the only Finnish company to have made it on the list every year since 2005.
Despite this achievement, K Group has struggled to communicate the responsibility they’ve taken around their business practices to consumers. In this conversation, we speak with Customer Insight Director Heidi Jungar to explore how Kesko has approached this challenge including what sustainability in retail means to them, how they are taking responsibility, and what grocery shopping will look like in the future.
- 11:00 K Group’s sustainability and conservation programs
- 14:25 Insights around what drives consumer buying decisions towards sustainability
- 19:10 How K Group gives customers their data back
- 21:10 K Group’s vision for the future grocery store
- 36:00 Vision for future food system