Klaus Thomsen is one of the Founders of Coffee Collective. Their goal is to explore and unfold exceptional coffee experiences, in a manner that gives better living conditions to coffee farmers across the globe. For nearly, 15 years they have been pushing the coffee industry to do business differently. In this episode, we discuss their many initiatives from transparently sharing what they pay for coffee to going carbon neutral by 2022. Their dream is for a coffee farmer in Kenya to obtain the same status and living conditions as a winegrower in France.
- 11:30 What creates great taste across the supply chain
- 19:30 Paying farmer’s a fair price
- 24:00 Direct trade and opening up the books for transparency
- 33:00 Creating a market for specialty coffee
- 50:30 Going carbon neutral by 2022
If you like this episode, check out this podcast with Tim Wendelboe who runs a roastery and coffee shop in Norway as well as a coffee farm in Columbia. We further explore what creates great taste and sustainability in coffee. For more conversations, join our community on Instagram or check out other episodes on www.nordicfoodtech.io.