Noah Erhun has 8 years of experience working in artisanal bakeries in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and today in Denmark where he leads production at Juno The Bakery in Copenhagen. His expertise is in naturally leavened breads and heritage grains. In this episode, Noah takes us on a ride through time and around the world as we explore how heritage grains are making a comeback with the surprising help of Instagram.
- 1:20 How Noah became a baker
- 6:30 The resurgence of small craft bakeries
- 9:00 How industrialization changed the game
- 14:30 Instagram and the alternative grain economy
- 21:40 What you should know about Scandinavia’s heritage grains