Alexandra Genis is an artist and the principal designer at TAS2R, a Food Design Studio in Berlin propagating Gastro-Intestinal Science-Fiction. She uses food as a biochemical and visual tool to transmit challenging ideas about ecology, innovation and science. Her projects seek to reframe human perception around what an edible substance is as well as challenge our consumption behaviors. In this episode, we look at the power of art and design to realize new possibilities.
- 1:50 The Atoma project, turning individual molecules into spices
- 2:48 The complexity of flavor and the limits of what we can taste
- 10:45 The importance of artificial foods in a post-agricultural age
- 22:00 Other projects Alexandra’s worked on
- 24:00 Vision for the future food system
Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the podcast newsletter here.
This podcast was recorded live at the Future of Food Hackathon in Riga, Latvia and is supported by the Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture. For more conversation, join our community on Instagram and hear more episodes at www.nordicfoodtech.io.