The C40 network consists of 97 cities representing 700+ million citizens and one quarter of the global economy. The mayors of these cities are committed to delivering on the most ambitious goals of the Paris Agreement at the local level and C40 supports them in collaborating effectively, sharing knowledge and driving meaningful, measurable and sustainable action on climate change. In today’s episode, I speak with Zachary Tofias who serves as the Director of the Food and Waste Program at C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group. We discuss the ins and outs of how C40 works, the power of cities to create change, why networks matter, how to spread good ideas, and examples of how cities are taking bold climate action.
- 2:30 What C40 is and how it works
- 7:40 Why cities can have big food system impact
- 11:15 How good ideas spread across cities
- 30:00 The big opportunity around food systems
- 36:00 How to establish a network
Share your feedback and thoughts or discover new episodes on Instagram @nordicfoodtech.