Iceland is known for having some of the most productive fisheries in the world. Some even call it the Silicon Valley of white fish. In this episode, Thor Sigfusson, the Founder of The Iceland Ocean Cluster, dives into why Iceland is a leader in seafood processing technology, the innovative ways they are using 100% of a fish, and what the fishing ship of tomorrow will look like. Thor is also the author of The New Fish Wave: How To Ignite the Seafood Industry.
- 7:00 Low-hanging fruit as an impetus for collaboration
- 10:30 The history of Fish & Ships in Iceland
- 19:30 Using 100% of the fish
- 21:30 How the Iceland Ocean Cluster started
- 36:30 How the cluster’s model is being applied elsewhere