We talk about the fascinating history of olive oil from its importance in global trade to its healing health and beauty properties.
This episode also covers:
- why olive oil is about to have a movement similar to what we saw in specialty coffee and wine
- how to make sure you’re buying the best possible good liquid gold for your pantry
- olive oil flavor profiles
- the rise of female farmers producing regenerative olive oils
- challenges around fraud
- how farmers are tackling drought and wildfires in Southern Europe
- how Citizen of Soil’s business model minimizes waste and strives for a low carbon footprint
Connect with Citizens of Soil
Want to connect with Sarah? Subscribe to the Future Food newsletter to access her contact details and the episode transcript.
Your subscription will also power the production of more episodes like this. Get access now!
Connect with Analisa Winther