Isolated in the North Atlantic, for many years the Faroese largely relied on eating what was found in the environment around them. They learned to use every bit of animal and how to store and preserve as much as possible for as long as possible resulting in a fascinating and unique food culture that I discuss with Kinga Eysturland who runs a bed & breakfast in the Faroes and is an author of “Faroe Islands: A Tourist & Cultural Guidebook.
- 4:30 How the Faroe Island’s history and geography has influenced its food traditions
- 12:30 Faroese fermentation or ræst and why it’s a revelation
- 17:30 The Faroe Island’s alcohol prohibition and the upcoming beverage scene
- 24:00 The influence of Koks and eating-out culture in the Faroes
- 30:30 The dishes Kinga serves for a Faroese dinner
And my fall coaching program is now open! If you are an entrepreneur or changemaker looking to make a business or leadership breakthrough, sign up for a chemistry call here to work 1-on-1 with me.