In this episode, we address what we know from science when it comes to adopting diets that support a healthy, sustainable food system. My guest is Amanda Wood who is a researcher at the Stockholm Resilience Centre. Launched in 2007, the Centre’s vision is to advance a world where social-ecological systems are understood, governed and managed to not only enhance human well-being, but also enable the sustainable co-evolution of human civilizations with the biosphere. Amanda was a co-author of the influential EAT Lancet report and subsequently wrote an analysis on how the Nordic food system would have to be transformed in order to meet the report’s recommendations.
- 7:30 Five actions areas that will transform the food system
- 19:00 Vision for the future food system
- 26:50 Wishlist for change from policy makers
- 31:00 Research areas we’re still missing to move forward
- 35:30 Signs that the food system is changing for the better